Monday, June 22, 2015

First post: Packing and Overview

Hey, everybody!
This is my first post regarding my study abroad trip to Rome. For those of you who don't know me, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ashley West. I'm twenty-three years old, and currently pursuing my bachelors in art history with a minor in chemistry. If this sounds like a weird combination, it is, but this is because my plan is to pursue my Masters degree in art conservation.

So, that's my goal for the future. In the present, I am procrastinating on the rest of my packing and  blogging in front of the television. In three days, I will be taking the plane from Portland to Chicago, then finally, to Fumienco airport in Rome.

This is for a 2-week long, 8 credit study abroad trip for art history specifically specializing in Rennaisance art and architecture.  Everyone in my class was assigned a work of art and will be giving a 30 minute presentation in front of the art. My art is the Chigi Chapel. This is a mortuary chapel of the Chigi family in the Renaissance period. The chapel was designed by the famous old master, Raphael. It also has statues a couple of which are St. Jerome and St. Mary Magdelene. These were built by Bernini years later in the Baroque era.

I will be heading downtown this afternoon to do some more research.

This concludes this entry. I wilk write again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment