Friday, June 26, 2015

At the Airport

Whew! What a day! I'm currently at the Chicago O'Hare airport awaiting my flight into Rome. My boyfriend dropped me off at the Portland airport really early this morning so that I could get here. This is my first time traveling outside the country. Heck, this is my first time traveling alone. I almost didn't want to go. Right now, underneath all this fatigue, I feel exasperated with excitement,  but I can't help but feel absolutely terrified. This feeling will go away once I actually reach Rome tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure of it. :)

Unfortunately,  there was a bit of an issue on my journey. As it turns out, there was a fire in Fumencio several weeks ago, and it's messing up the flights as repairs are being done. Because of this, I will be leaving Chicago at 9:00 pm instead of 6:00 pm. Thankfully, my flight was scheduled in the morning, so I will be getting there later in the afternoon. I don't think I mind the long layover so much either. It's nice to have time to eat, blog, and read. I was dumb and didn't think to bring my pencils, so I can't draw. -.-

Maybe there's a shop around here that sells pencils... hm...

No comments:

Post a Comment